If your job involves spending hours a day working on a computer, you may end up developing medical problems from your job. While there are several common problems this activity can cause, developing tendonitis is among the most common. This condition is painful and is often treated with medication, but visiting your chiropractor for relief might be a better solution.
What is tendonitis?
Tendonitis can occur in many areas of the body, but when you develop this from working on a computer, it often develops in your arm. When this happens, the tendons that connect your elbow and hand become inflamed and irritated. This leads to pain and a loss of motion if left untreated.
According to altMD, over 4 million Americans seek treatment for tendonitis each year, but most people visit medical doctors. The problem with this is that a doctor is likely to offer you medication to treat the problem, but the real issue may never be properly addressed.
How can a chiropractor help?
People seek help at chiropractic clinics like Moss Chiropractic primarily because they offer a natural, holistic approach for treating injuries and pain. With a visit to a chiropractor, you will not receive injections or medication. A chiropractor will use natural treatment options to relieve the pain you are having from this condition. Some of the treatment options chiropractors use for this include:
- Massage therapy – This helps reduce inflammation in the muscles and has no side effects.
- Electrical stimulation – Chiropractors often use TENS units to help with all types of pain. A TENS unit delivers electrical currents to muscles, which causes them to loosen up.
- Trigger point therapy – This is similar to massage therapy and also helps with inflammation.
- Spine manipulation – Performing an adjustment to your back and neck is another way to help with the pain. When this is done, it relieves nerves and encourages proper and full use of your body's central nervous system.
- Ice and heat – Your chiropractor may also recommend icing your arm, or using heat as ways of providing relief to the pain.
Working on a computer every day can lead to tendonitis simply because of the repetition required of this type of job. Without the proper treatment, you may be forced to take time off of work, and this might not be an option for your budget.
If your arm is really sore and you believe it might be tendonitis, visit a chiropractor. This is a great way to find relief and heal the injury, and you will not have to take any types of medication with this option.